Welcome to my 'Phoenix Silver' website, The name 'Phoenix Silver' represents something new re~borne from fire. As I forge reclaimed sterling silver, mainly cutlery, into distinctive jewellery, antique and heirloom silver can rise from the fire; forged into a unique piece. I am continually inspired by the changing Dartmoor landscapes around my home near the border between Devon and Cornwall. My designs are natural, rusticly textured, and 'organically' handcrafted; I don't seek perfection, but the natural form which emerges from this process, each piece is therefore unique.
There are 2 collections:
- Sterling Silver
- Silver Plated.
I am committted to recycling and endeavour :~
- To upcycle antique sterling and plated silver cutlery.
- To reuse cutlery and scrap silver.
- To make components; (such as glass cabochons and beads) myself as much as possible.
- To support genuine, ethical, sustainable and local businesses for any new-bought components such as gemstones beads and findings.
- To use ethical packaging.
No harmful metals are used in any Phoenix Silver jewellery. Chains, clasps etc. are all correspondingly sterling silver or silver plated, depending on the main component material. Some Tibetan silver and Zamek - (hypoalergenic) beads are used. Everything else is sterling silver or silver plated, unless otherwise stated. I make my own fused glass beads and cabochons to set into silver pieces.